Saturday, February 20, 2010

M



Tonight Ryan, my best friend and I went back to a classic Williamsburg haunt: M Shanghai Bistro, which we just call M. We've been coming here for a few years, and it always hits the good spots. Ryan is very picky about chinese food, so no average takeout joint will suffice.

To start, the juicy pork buns at this place are seriously to die for. They are awesome!! I love them so- no questionable pork, either. I can't praise them enough. The meatball is tender, flavorful, and juicy as promised- they fill the bun with soup, some type of pork broth. And then served with a ginger soy sauce. So good.

I had the sliced beef with scallion and onion, which is also just a great treat. The beef is tender and thin, and the scallion and ginger flavor is salty and savory. Ryan had the ginger and sweet orange chicken which was also delicious. I usually get the kung pao which kicks ass, and with a little spice to it, too.

I don't think you can go wrong here. They even serve booze. The communal tables are an interesting set up, and the ever-changing art on the walls is always worth at least a quick glance. My only complaints are that I tend to find the tables to be a little sticky, the bathroom is pretty gross, and the chopsticks are not the easiest to use in the world. Pee before you come by, don't put your elbows on the table, and use a fork, and this could be your favorite chinese place too.

No comments:

Post a Comment