Monday, December 21, 2009

Rosa Mexicano


So I had the good fortune to have dinner with a wonderful friend at one of my favorites, Rosa Mexicano. This was now probably trip 5 or so for me, and I have to report, I just love this place. I like to start with the house special, a pomegranate martini that is delicious, and usually a little stiff. I love the smoky red salsa, and I like that the chips are still free. That is for sure one of my biggest pet peeves. Chips and salsa in a mexican restaurant should always be free!

I have to admit being stuck in a wonderful rut when it comes to entrees- I always order the chicken suiza enchiladas. The chicken is served in an amazing cilantro sauce, with rice and black beans. Lots of flavor. Rosalia had the same thing, damn.

There are several locations throughout manhattan, I've been in 3 and ate at 2. I have to admit, the meal I had at the mid-East side location was disappointing, and the environment isn't nearly as snazzy as the Lincoln Center spot. The new one- at Union Square, is loud, but looks like fun. I still vote for the one right across from the met. Three times I've gone pre-show, and they've always done a bang up job of getting us out for our curtain, without feeling rushed. This last time, we cut it super close, and got there just an hour before the show. We let the waiter know, and our entrees were out within 15 minutes- Ole!



No comments:

Post a Comment