Monday, May 9, 2011

So I was cleaning out my fridge...


And came up with this doozy of a delicious treat!! I recently attended a cooking workshop that encouraged me to go "off book" and cook with inspiration. So, I had 1 medium onion, a can of artichokes, some leftover goat cheese, and at the way way back of the fridge, some herb butter I made for.... Thanksgiving (It still smelled ok, so no judgment!) And this was my creation:

Ingredients:
goat cheese
herb butter
sauteed onions
artichokes
arugula
salt & pepper
french bread
olive oil

Spread the butter and goat cheese on the bread. Top with the onions, artichokes, and arugula. Put a drop of olive oil and salt and pepper on top. Broil- Just a mere half a minute. (Notice mine is quite black- whoops!)

I served open-faced with a big salad of arugula in a lemony-olive oil vinaigrette.

Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment