Saturday, June 1, 2013
chikpea "chicken" salad sandwich
Chicken Salad was one of my favorites back in my meat eating days- but this version is just as tasty, and the chickpea texture, though it might sound strange at first, is a very satisfying substitute!!!!
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed & Drained
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, chopped very small
1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/4-1/2 tbsp dijon mustard to taste
Salt and Pepper
1. Use a fork to gently mash the chickpeas- don't overwork, it's ok if some are more whole than others, until most are at least split in half.
2. Add in the celery and onion and stir together.
3. Mix in the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.
4. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Serve on a bun with lettuce and tomato if desired!