Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pancakes: A Dear John to Aunt Jemima



Jemmy,

We both knew this day would come. Don't blame your difficult to pronounce preservatives and mystery ingredients. It's not your fault you aren't the natural woman I need you to be. We've had a long, long, wonderful thing here, spanning childhood memories and college nights. But it's time we go our separate ways. It's not you, it's me. I just need something more real, something I've made myself from scratch. I hope you can forgive me.

XO
Lora

So good. Pre-make ziploc bags with the dry mix to save time in the morning!!
Serves 4!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar

1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tblsp vanilla

Directions:

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. We double sifted to make the pancakes fluffier.

In a separate bowl, whisk the milk and butter into the egg.

Make a well in the center of the dry mix and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment