Saturday, September 17, 2011

Salad Provencale



Ever since our trip to France this past spring, I have been fixated on my new favorite salad- the salad provencale. (The C should have that little squiggly goat beard-shaped line underneath, but I'm not sophisticated enough to know how to create that). Anyhoo, It is delicious, and for me, the equivalent of a power lunch.

Ingredients:
mixed greens
tuna in water
haricots verts (french green beans), steamed
tomato
potatoes, boiled and cooled
cannellini beans
egg, hardboiled
parsley
capers or olives
salt and pepper

Dressing:
I'm sure the french didn't make it this way, but here's my cheat:

1 capful of creamy caesar from Newman's mixed with a dollop of dijon mustard, a little of the water the tuna came in, and the juice from the tomatoes.... Add a tiny bit of olive oil as well.


Directions:
Combine the vegetables and toss in a bowl. Lightly top with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment