Tuesday, October 23, 2012

TLT: Tofu, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich








Ah, the BLT. I was never a fan of bacon even back in the day when I ate a lot of meat. But, I am a fan of the smoky flavor. So, when I came across this recipe, I thought... sheer brilliance!

Ingredients:
Beefsteak or vine Tomato
Green leaf lettuce
Tofu: patted dry and sliced very thin.
Barbecue Sauce or Adobo Sauce
Mayonnaise (Chipotle/Adobo and garlic mayo)
salt & pepper
Avocado (Optional)
French Bread

Directions:
Mix the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce together. Place the sliced tofu in a baking dish and coat top and bottom generously with mixture. Bake about 25 minutes. Assemble sandwiches, using a generous amount of mayo, the tofu, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and salt and pepper on the white bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment