Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Yellow Curry with Vegetables (& Chicken...)
This is a delicious recipe I got from my dad. I've made it more veggie-full and cut back on the salt. He uses 'cream of coconut' instead of coconut milk to give the curry a touch of sweet- just go easy with it and taste as you add it in. You have been warned on that one.
-1/4 lb green beans
- 2 red peppers, sliced thin
- zucchini, cut in thin slices
- small red or creamer potatoes
-chicken (if you like that sorta thing, lol)
- 1 large sweet onion
-6 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 inch of ginger
-1/8 cup cream of coconut (cocktail mix)- to taste
- 3-4 tsp curry powder- to taste
-3 cups chicken stock
-salt, to taste
1. Saute onion and garlic in the olive oil in a deep pan.
2. In a separate pan, saute the chicken with a handful of cilantro.
3. Once chicken is cooked, combine with onion & garlic, add in ginger and saute.
4. After a few minutes add in chicken stock, curry powder, and cream of coconut, tasting to adjust flavors of spice and sweet.
5. Allow to simmer as long as desired to deepen flavors
6. Add in potatoes while simmering, and then about 10 minutes before serving, toss in green beans, pepper, and zucchini to keep the vegetables a little crisp. Salt to taste.
Serve over jasmine rice!