Sunday, January 16, 2011

Al Di La



We've been hearing amazing things about this place for years. So you can imagine my excitement to finally try it for myself! We have only just begun to explore the restaurants of downtown brooklyn and park slope, and it is high time!

I started off with the Winter White Salad, which had turnip, leek, jerusalem artichoke, salsify, and many other things which I could neither really distinguish nor identify, but truly enjoyed. The salad was lightly dressed with a champagne vinaigrette and topped with a little cheese. It was light and really flavorful.

Our friends, Brian and Kenzie, were with us, and they shared a plate of the polenta with oxtail. Though I did not try the oxtail, the polenta was creamy and savory. Ryan had the mussels in a white wine and garlic sauce, which he really enjoyed.

For our entrees, I had the cosunziei- ravioli pockets filled with red beets and topped with ricotta cheese, which came in a buttery sauce that I mopped up with some bread.

Ryan and Brian had a hanger steak in a balsamic reduction with a side of arugula. Kenzie had the winter white salad and a special Farro soup with winter vegetables. Everything was delicious- and for italian food, pleasingly light.

For dessert, I had the cheese plate, Kenzie tried the homemade sorbet and gelato, and Ryan had the fritoles with chocolate sauce.

If you have a chance, check out this great spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment