Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coffee Shop



I recently revisited Coffee Shop with my Mom. I get such a kick out of this place. There is always a bit of a mob- outside on sunny days, with their dogs at the tables, and waiting in line most every day. The waitresses are all aspiring models, dressed to impress, but not so thrilled to serve. Great eye candy, always. The menu is eclectic with some brazilian influence- lots of salads, sandwiches, and the like. I have never had dinner here, and tend to think of it as a lunch/brunch spot. This past visit, I ordered my favorite: a mozzarella, tomato, basil sandwich with an olive tapenade. It is served on fresh french bread, and I always opt for the side salad. I tend to eat this sandwich a lot- and I think one of the best versions I've had is here. The olive tapenade is never overpowering and the sandwich is slightly toasted. I love it! My mom opted for the cheeseburger, which she loved.

To me, the perfect afternoon might involve a walk through the union square's farmer's market, a stop in here for lunch, and then a trip to DSW!

No comments:

Post a Comment