Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Formaggio Kitchen



Few things get my heart pounding like "Formaggio". I love cheese. I have fond memories of eating cheese on picnics in the italian alps, on the steps of cathedrals, and in some of my favorite restaurants. The sight of many cheeses really just makes me happy. Throw in wine, local organic produce, fresh baked bread, and an impressive selection of fancy cold cuts... well, it took a lot not to buy the whole damn store.

My friend Casey accompanied me on our adventure, and we spent a solid 45 minutes shopping- and tasting! Of course, silly me, I neglected to write down all the names- but a few highlights:

- Sottocenere al Tartufo:

Let's just call it heaven. A soft white cheese with truffles. What more can a girl ask for?? It was divine. I had to buy some of this to bring home...

Comte- a french white, somewhat nutty, not my favorite, but tasty.

Cabot Clothbound Cheddar- this stuff was soooo tasty! The cheese lady was super helpful- and told us about how cabot makes this cheese at one dairy, from one herd. crazy.

We also tried several others- including an incredible blue cheese that is an exclusive import.

I highly recommend stopping by the next time you are in cambridge or on the lower east side of new york. But for everyone else, good news- they sell on their site, too- at: http://www.formaggiokitchen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment