Friday, June 25, 2010

2 New in the Burg: Goods and Loreley



Goods:
The latest addition to NYC's food truck craze is right on our corner- and Ry and I stopped by last weekend to grab some breakfast. I ordered a sunny-side-up egg and cheese on a buttermilk biscuit- which was nothing short of a gooey, salty, buttery, delicious mess. I could feel my arteries clogging with every bite- and I have to admit, despite the "good"ness, I probably wont order it again due to its sheer decadent nature. Ryan, on the other hand, has been eating the biscuits with jam on an almost daily basis- so he is totally ok with the glory and the goodness. The coffee was strong and tasty. Ryan has also sampled the beignets which were equally delicious, so he tells me. I am looking forward to a late night to stop by and order the fish and chips, and Ryan is already dreaming of trying their brunch special: fried chicken and biscuits. If you are looking for something down, dirty, and good, stop on by!

(So new, no photos!)

Loreley- We stopped by for drinks and to check out the menu. We were a little surprised at how small the bar is inside- and for a reason I can't put my finger on, had more of the decor feel of a chain than a cute burg bar. I think already this is an outdoor, nice night type spot for me, and probably not much more. The drink menu had lots of different beers, but not as many german and austrian wines on selection as Radegast might carry. The menu was meat-heavy, although curry fries and pretzels made an appearance among the sausage offerings. Will definitely keep posting as we sample more.

No comments:

Post a Comment